Two ways to participate in sports from home!
Veterans Break Down Benefits, Debt Management Center
Veterans Jason Hoge and Joseph Schmitt cover how their personal experiences help guide them to help others who face a debt repayment.
Virtual Events this Week
Sept. 22: VA Benefits Townhall Live in Kentucky
Sept. 23: VA Benefits Townhall Live in Maine
Sign up for Veterans Expeditions that fit every skill-level or interest.
Sports from Home: Two Virtual Events
National Disabled Veterans TEE Tournament – from Home!
The National Disabled Veterans TEE (Train, Expose, Experience) Tournament, September 14-18, promotes Veterans’ rehabilitation with instructions in adaptive golf. Watch the #TEEatHOME Kickoff Video, and follow participants at #TEEatHome all week.
National Veterans Summer Sports Clinic – from Home!
At the National Veterans Summer Sports Clinic at Home, September 20-25, Veterans can learn from the pros about sailing, surfing, kayaking, cycling (hand and tandem) and adaptive fitness foundations.
All C&P Exam Locations Now Open
VA has resumed in-person Compensation & Pension (C&P) exams at all VA facilities. Specific safety requirements are still in place for Veterans’ health. While specialty exams are only performed when it is safe, certain areas have allowed removal of personal protective equipment (PPE) in order to complete the appointment.
- September is National Preparedness Month
- VIDEO: Take a by-the-numbers look at VA hiring
- 30 nurses deploy to Gulf Coast VA locations
- VA SimLEARN program improves providers frontline readiness
- Discover Veteran Health Care Innovation Through the VHA Innovation Experience Virtual Event
- Northport VA fire department’s emergency operations ensure Veteran, staff safety
- Veterans call VA Video Connect a “lifesaver”
- Marine Veteran, 92, checks kayaking off her bucket list
- September 2 is the 75th anniversary of end of World War II
- Columbia VA staff pledges to make it the best
- What to expect in a urology career at VA
VA News Releases
- During Suicide Prevention Month VA encourages supporters to “Be There” for Veterans and help connect them with resources
Find a VA Facility near you.
Not sure where to start?
No Veteran Should Be Without a Place to Call Home
Free Help for Homeless Veterans Dial 1-877-4AID-VET (1-877-424-3838) for 24/7 access to VA services for homeless and at-risk Veterans
Homeless Veteran Chat Confidential, 24/7 online support for homeless Veterans and friends
https://www.va.gov/homeless for more information
Are You a Veteran in Crisis or Concerned About One?
Did you know that VA offers same day services in Primary Care and Mental Health at 172 VA Medical Centers across the country? Make the Connection Resource Locator
Contact the Veterans Crisis Line (1-800-273-8255 and press 1, Chat, or Text 838255.)
Want to receive this newsletter or other VA updates?
Disclaimer: The sharing of any non-VA information does not constitute an endorsement of products or services on the part of the VA.
You have received this message because you are subscribed to Veterans Affairs. Access your Subscriber Preferences to make changes to your subscription or Unsubscribe. Get this as a forward? Sign Up to receive updates from Veterans Affairs. Having questions or problems? Please visit subscriberhelp.govdelivery.com for assistance.
If you are in crisis and need immediate help, please call 1-800-273-8255 and (PRESS 1) or visit http://www.veteranscrisisline.net/.
Please remember the only secure way to ask personal questions is at https://iris.custhelp.com.